Tuesday 3 April 2007

Who preaches to the preacher ?

Last Saturday whilst out procuring sustenance for my offspring, dog and myself, I was rudely occasioned to rapidly leap to safety in the pedestrian only area of the shopping precinct.

The reason?

Weaving its way at a pace through the heaving populous was a police response car. The driver was negotiating his way around potential resus room patients with one hand whilst he warbled into a mobile phone with the other. He also seemed to have forgotten to apply the seat belt.
Can I try this too next Saturday afternoon but on a main road instead?

2 comments:

TotallyUn-Pc said...

ha ha .... one bad egg and all that! was he "on a shout" too, that really would have added insult to injury. I supposing you didn't point out that to carry on in this manner would procure the officer a thrice marked stain on his licence and renumeration to the tune of 60 english pounds?

NB* the Police do have a legal dispensation for not wearing a seatbelt, providing the vehicle is an emergency vehicle fitted with warning equipment, ans is used primarily for that purpose, and also for transporting of prisoners!

Anonymous said...

My piece came out as a 'rant', when it should really have been a 'whisper' - looking back though, I wrote it after discovering that 'Dewhurst the master butcher' had once more run out of neck of lamb. Guaranteed to get my back 'up' that is. BC